Prince Maurice’s Regiment of Horse
|Conflicts||First Civil War|
Royalist regiment of horse commanded by Prince Maurice, younger brother of Prince Rupert
- September: Battle of Powick Bridge
- October: Battle of Edgehill
- December: Quartered at Faringdon
- January: Standoff at Cirencester
- February: Storm of Cirencester
- April: Taking of Evesham
- April: Skirmish at Little Dean
- April: Skirmish at Upton Bridge
- April: Battle of Ripple Field
- April: Battle of Caversham Bridge
- June: Skirmish at Chewton Mendip
- June: Skirmish at Glastonbury and Somerton
- July: Skirmish at Bradford on Avon
- July: Battle of Lansdown
- July: Battle of Roundway Down
- July: Storm of Bristol
- August: Skirmish at Torrington?
- August: Taking of Appledore?
- September: Siege of Barnstaple
- September: Siege of Exeter
- September: First Battle of Newbury
- October to December: Siege of Plymouth
- March: Battle of Cheriton (under Maj. Robert Legge)
- April to June: Siege of Lyme Regis?
- June: Battle of Tipton Green
- June: Battle of Cropredy Bridge
- August: Battle of Lostwithiel
- October: Second Battle of Newbury
- November: Relief of Donnington
- January: Repulsed from Abingdon?
- February: Relief of Chester
- April: Skirmish at Sherborne Field?
- April: Relief of Beeston Castle
- May: Siege of Hawkesley House?
- May: Stormed at Evesham (det)
- May: Storm of Leicester
- June: Battle of Naseby
- July: Skirmish at Alcester?
- August: Storm of Huntingdon
- September: Battle of Rowton Heath
- January: Skirmish at Tutbury
- March: Battle of Stow on the Wold
A history of the regiment by Bob Giglio is shown at the ECWSA website
Symonds noted red flags for this regiment, but did not mention any designs.
Captain Richard Atkyns
- October 1642: 4 troops at Edgehill
- March 1644: At least 300 men in 7 troops at Cheriton
- May 1645: 150 horse at Leicester1)